Thursday 19 April 2012

DJ Sneaks #21 Arveene & Misk

Been a good few weeks since we've posted anything as things have been pretty busy so we thought we'd crash back into it with a fresh DJ Sneaks mix from Dubliners Arveene and Misk as well as a bit of Sneaker chat with ya man Arveene. 


Photobucket

Now I'm pretty hyped to get this one up as Arveene is one serious collector of trainers. Been meaning to post this for a few weeks now but the toils of life have drained all my precious time which is a shame as it would have been even better to get this mix out fresh from the platters.

Anyway, a bit about the boys....
Arveene and Misk hail from Dublin and certainly know there way around a DJ set. I first caught wind of one half of  this immaculate talent (Arveene) many moons ago when a new face on the turn tables of The End at the sorely missed Monday night Durrr session slipped in a ridiculously epic (and pre X factor hype) remix of Rage's Killing in the Name of. If i remember correctly the young chap behind the booth then passed Robin a promo CD featuring the remix and so his legend began..... That tune was definitely hammered in our sets for many months after.

Nowadays the boys with their combined powers are keeping themselves very busy. With past remixes for the likes of Kitsune, The Prodigy, Felix The House Cat and Mr Oizo to name just a few they certainly like to shake up the genre pot. Their own original material has also been recieving alot of attention with their track "Love and Lust" from last year being a particular favorite of mine (definitely worth checking the video as well )  Get on over to their Soundcloud page here for more of a taste of what they do.

The Kicks.

Photobucket



 Now like I've already said, Arveene likes his footwear and he's sent us over a pic of some very tasty Nike Air Max 1s. I'm going to leave you with the image below and a few words from the man himself about them -

"I've always been a fan of sneakers from as far back as i can remember.My dad used to rock a pair of wine Adidas 'Summits' when i was a kid in the 80's(which i wish were still mine).
They were fresh in that classic 80's way and I remember clearly thinking when can i get a pair like those bad boys. I'm all about Adidas and Nike. I developed a sneaker habit in the 
early 00's and got seriously addicted to Nike Prestos with the Rainbow Presto being the only pair of prestos i could never find in my size ( a Large if anyone has a pair willing to sell).
Ok enough about lost conquests.. I'm all about he Air Max 1, They are now the heart and Soul of my collection and the one pair i'm constantly on the look out for classic colour ways
and well cut pairs. The Aztec or Navajo tickets all the right boxes for me I've also been obsessed with Pendelton Woolen Mills in the states for time and they have the freshest and 
most original Native American Prints. So for me this is a no brainer that had my blood rushing and my addictive personality twitching till i made the purchase.. Big Up to the Dudes 
at Size Dublin for keeping my collection in check with these particular bad boys..."


The Mix -
 Pumping house and electronic beasts through out on this one featuring their own recent club battering ram "Hells Bells 2012". Get a listen on the soundcloud player below with track listing below that. Check Arveene And Misk out on Facebook here and twitter here


Intro - A&M Edit
Dualtec - '92  - 
Jagerverb - Cable
Gesaffelstein - Viol (Brodinski Mix) 
Punx Soundcheck - Turtle (Arveene & MiSK Remix)
The Hacker - Shockwave (Gesaffelstein Mix)
Arveene & MiSK - Hells Bells 2012
Cubic Zirconia - Take Me High (Bart B'More Mix)
ZZT - Partys Over Los Angeles (Attaque Remix)
Clouds - Future Blaster



No comments:

Post a Comment